Sunday, January 13, 2008

Hello!

Hi Everyone! I like this idea. I was feeling very distant and alone down here in little Ephraim Utah. There is nothing here except one WalMart, and the college. I guess that is a good thing, so that I don't get too distracted from my purpose here, but still....sometimes it's a little much!
To catch people up on me.....this semester I am taking English 2010, Psychology, Oceanography, Interpersonal Communications, PE 1096, Art History, Book of Mormon, and Courtship and Marriage. It's only been a week, but it's already a huge handful for me! It's fun, though. My roommates are fantastic. My teachers seem good. My room feels like home. The only thing I could ask for is a different bathroom. Number one, the door doesn't lock, so there is the possibility of people walking in. Number two, the bathtub is oddly shaped, and the way the faucet sits, you almost have to be standing outside of the bathtub to use it. Plus, the faucet sits about at the level of my forehead, so I have to sit down to shower. Oh well! Life can't be perfect, right?
If anyone has any tips on how to handle the stress load of college.....feel free to let me know!
I am also the Relief Society teacher in my ward and I taught the lesson today on the first vision. I had a lot of people participate, because the lesson was straight out of the JSH. It turned out really well, and I felt pretty good about it. As much as I don't like being in front of people....it went alright!
I went to a CES Fireside tonight where Earl C. Tingey told me not to delay on getting married!!! :) Haha! We will see how well I listen to the bretheren of our church! Mom says I have to wait 3-4 years, but I say that if I meet him I am not going to be engaged for 2 years just to make up that last time. Who knows? And, NO, there is no one right now....so you don't have to panic.
Well, my tummy say it's time for dinner.
Until next time......

5 comments:

Michaelangelo said...

Muffin- glad to see your blog. bookmark your page so you don't have to search for it on google silly, or just know that it's kristenthornbrue.blogspot.com so you can find yourself again.
Don't rush the marriage thing-- I love it, but I also loved that I was 90% done with school when we got married. :)
Love you kid.
Annie

Michaelangelo said...

Kristen: add these links to your links (go to Customize then Add a Page Element then Link List-- you can put in the url and then a name and save it and then it will show up on your blog sidebar)

michaelangelarigby.blogspot.com
jathornbrue.blogspot.com
steveandlorithornbrue.blogspot.com
lloydflamie.blogspot.com

We've joined the party!

Lori Thornbrue said...

Hi sweetie,
I am excited to have us almost all linked up....we need Sara and Lisa to 'get on the stick!'
Best thing to help with college stress is to start assignments the day you get them so you don't get behind. Go to bed at a reasonable time. Laugh a bit every day. Play hard and work hard.
Love you tons....

James said...

Kristen,
How do you take Oceanography in Ephraim? There used to be an ocean there, but it's been gone for about 100 million years.

Allie Thornbrue said...

Post a picture of that bath tub--without you using it, of course!