So, I came up with a quote that I'm going to live by....at least for a while. I don't know if it's a real quote or if I made it up, but anyways, "You are what you pretend to be." And I guess it can continue further than that....like, "pretending can turn into reality." Does any of that make sense to anyone?
Well, my whole point is that I'm going to pretend to be completely happy and not let anyone know when or if I feel sad. And maybe it will turn into reality eventually.
This week is a good week to start, too, because it had a good beginning. Firstly, it was good because I made an unexpected trip home on Friday. I needed to go home, so I did. And it was great. I had a sleepover with my best friend, and watched movies with mom, and relaxed a lot. Much needed. Then I came back Sunday morning so I could go to my church. Church was great. Then the World-Wide Leadership Training Broadcast which was excellent. And then I got to talk to a few of my friends last night. Which was great and fantastic.
Yeah, then this morning I woke up early enough to write a rough draft of my paper before my 8:30 class. I had started it, but then needed time to relax for myself, so I didn't do it over the weekend. Yes, I know that's called procrastination, but I would have exploded if I didn't take that time for myself. And my paper still got done. And I have time before Wednesday to polish it. So, it was all good. And the rest of my day was pretty normal. I only almost fell asleep once. In Oceanography. We were watching a movie about the ocean. Obviously. But it was dark, and I was tired....!!
Well, it's time to do my part of the research for a group project. I really don't like group things. Yes, in college it is a bit different and people do pull their weight, I just don't really like relying on other people for my grade. Sometimes it can be beneficial, but not usually! Anyways, I also get to go to FHE tonight. Don't know what we are doing....but after that we get to have Stargate night again! Yay. I have missed it!
Hope everyone is well!
Love you all!
Muffin
Monday, February 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Great quote....and I really think that it will help, because that happiness and attitude will become your reality. The old adage of thinking positive thoughts goes a long way. Or, count your blessings, or any other miriad ways of saying the same thing!! We love you. See you this Friday, too!
Have a great Dr. appointment. Wish I could hold your hand for the blood draw....but you didn't faint when you donated blood, so I guess you are ok!!
Hugs all day and night.
Mom
I greatly believe in positive thinking. While it is beneficial and healthy to be in touch with our emotions, ultimately it is our desire to find joy in life that leads to it despite the challenges we may encounter.
Here are a couple of quotes I like:
“There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.” --Albert Einstien
"The purposes of a man's heart are deep waters, but a wise man of understanding draws them out." --Proverbs 20:5
Muffin-
In reading mom's comments, you are a much braver woman than I. I usually about faint when I have a blood draw and I don't donate. My veins are stingy and it would take me all day to fill up the bag. Glad you are thinking positive. I attended a fireside once about the power of an attitude of grattitude. For example, "I am so grateful that guy just cut me off while driving, it teaches me good defensive driving skills. . . " Make it a game with your friends and roommates. It is funny at first, but later becomes habit. Let us know what funny things you are grateful for. Remember, though, not to make it sarcastic!!
Ooh, I really like the Einstein quote. One of my favorite things to pray for is increased gratitude. Those prayers are a great strength to my testimony because I not only notice my blessings more and feel a deep sense of gratitude for them, but I also recognize that what I'm experiencing is a direct answer to prayer, so I'm doubly grateful. It's really fun.
Your quote is great, too, Kristen. I find that if I tell myself "I just can't..." or "It's too hard..." or "I'm just not...enough" then it is and I can't and I'm not. However, if I tell myself "I can" and "I am" than I can do a lot more and be a lot better than I could be otherwise. The Lord magnifies your efforts when you believe that, with His aid, you will succeed.
Post a Comment