Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hi!

Hello all!! I'm still here in Oregon playing with Merilee. The kids are cute and energetic and sometimes a bit crabby. But that's to be expected. I have read the first 2 books in the Children of the Promise series and Merilee probably wishes she never introduced me to those. They are really good, though. I enjoy them. And I try to only read when she doesn't need my help.
It's hard sometimes, because Ezra is really clingy to Merilee, so when she is here there is nothing I can do. He'll always cry if she is in sight and he can't have her. But when she is gone he's really good and cute for me. Makes me feel kind of bad because then when she is home I feel useless. But hopefully I am still a help for her. It has been fun.
I also feel a little lonely at times because I don't know anyone here, and don't know the area, so it's all foreign to me. Sometimes I just want my best friends to be with me so I can talk to them. But I'll survive. I at least get to talk to Alex every night, and that fills some of the void. Yes, communication is good, but there is SO much missing when you don't have any physical contact. A simple hug is enough to change an entire day. Or a smile directed to me from across a room (from a certain person). It's difficult, but at least I know I'm missed and people didn't forget about me!!! :)
Well, there isn't much more to say. Days are pretty much the same. Yesterday we went to a place called JJJump, though. It was a room filled with those blow up bouncy house things. The kids had free passes to get in, and parents get in free. We played and jumped so much I got sore from it. Very much fun.
Well, I hope everyone else is doing well. And I will talk to you later!
Kristen

2 comments:

Lori Thornbrue said...

Well, maybe if you just grab Ezra and start to play with him he will get used to you even when Meri is around. Kids can be difficult.
I also know that it is difficult when you don't have any 'friends' around....but maybe you will make some this summer. You might could find an institute or a singles ward....
could be fun.
Love you tons and miss you.
Mom

angel said...

Glad you're having a good time in Oregon. We're excited to see you soon!