Monday, May 19, 2008

Trip to Oregon

Here is the fish that Jarom caught at a Cub Scout activity on Saturday.
And here is Dylan's fish. Caught and reeled in all by himself. We didn't even know for a while that he had caught anything.
Here is Jarom after playing outside for a while. Starting to get rosy...maybe we'll stay inside for a while. You can't trust sunscreen!!
Ezra in the bath!! What a cute kid!
Ezra at the lake while the older boys were fishing.
This is what makes me feel at home. I put up some pictures of Alex and the pictures that we drew together. I get one little corner to call my own. Yay!!
Jarom and his friend Kimmy looking cute outside!!
Ezra about to go down the slide. He's pretty good at doing it all by himself.
Sporting his great orange sunglasses. Cool dude!!
Yum!! Grass!!
This is Weiser!! Nice rolling farm land. :)
This is my friend Katie, who let me stay a couple days with her on my way up to Oregon.
And here is the horse that I got to ride at Katie's house. His name is Duke. She also has a retired race horse named Jury, and a young horse named Sadie. Very fun!! Notice it's just a bare back pad....no saddle. That was great. And a little less painful!! Also, check out the cowboy boots. Sweet! They are actually surprisingly comfortable.

Fun times!! I am glad I got to stop and play with Katie in Weiser, and I am also glad that I made to Oregon safely. The kids are cute. Merilee is feeling better (from a sinus headache). I've had time to read a lot of books (although, Merilee probably wishes that I didn't spend so much time reading and more time helping. Sorry!!! I'll try to be better!!)

On Thursday night I get to go sleep at Merilee's friends house to watch their dog for one night while the family goes on a short vacation. I'm looking forward to having a few minutes to myself where I can feel like I'm not being lazy and I'm still helping someone out!! Yay!! As much as Merilee's kids are darling and adorable and fun, they are also tiring. It'll be nice to have a minute or two to myself.

Well, that's the update. Besides that there's not much going on. Just talking to Alex every night because I miss him. Reading books. And playing with kids. What a life!! :) It's also really warm (hot) here, so that makes me even more happy. There's something about not shivering that makes me feel a lot more comfortable. Ha ha! No complaints coming from me!

6 comments:

Lori Thornbrue said...

Fabulous pictures, Kristen! It is hard when you are into a good book to put it down for mundane things like watching kids, changing diapers, doing dishes, etc. I am glad you have a corner.....All looks great. Be a good help so you can 'earn your keep' and have tons of fun, too!

Michaelangelo said...

Love the pictures! And the cowboy boots... those are awesome! I can't believe you're such a natural at everything you try- you're amazing :) Ezra's orange shirt is identical to shirts I have for Cade and Brennan- isn't that a coincidence. Looks like a fun time to me. And hot is good, but here we're sweltering at 90+ degrees (50-60 last week). Enjoy your dog sitting :)

angel said...

Glad you're having fun and hope to see you soon! Thanks for all the pictures!

Allie Thornbrue said...

I think you should send that one of you on the horse to Alex!

Anonymous said...

Why should I send that one to Alex?....Do I look hot?

Lori Thornbrue said...

Kristen, Your mommy misses you :)
I really love the pictures you took.