Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Surprise!
This may come as a shock to all of you, but last night around midnight, as Alex was walking me home, we were just talking and standing in front of my dorm, looking into each others eyes, and he all the sudden got really quiet for a while. I asked him what was wrong and he just kinda brushed it off for a while, but I knew he needed to say something. Eventually, he gathered himself together and, in a really darling and amazing way, asked me to marry him! I've prayed about it and had feelings recently that he's the one....so, I'm getting married!! We were talking about it this morning, and thought that it might be good to get married sometime next year. Maybe in April. Probably the first day!! April Fools, everyone! :) :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
hahaha good one muffin :) I'll have to post what Michael really did to me. it was mean!! Love you and glad you're not really engaged yet-- just have tons of fun and take things slow. See ya this weekend!
Only a minor heart attack to mom.....
End of next year would be ok....
:)
End of next year, as in the school year? Or the real year? Just working on a time frame....!! May, or December of 2009?
Good one, Muffin! You are definitely going to have to come to Portland for the summer!! By the way, I talked with a friend of mine yesterday, she and I might share you as a nanny. She has a landscape business and could use you about 3 afternoons a week. I could use you another 3 days for a couple hours anyway. That would help us to afford to have you come, and so that you could get out and do something "else" than my kids all summer. What do you think of that?
Well.........end of the next school year, May, would be ok, as long as you continued on and finished your schooling (really important), so Dec 2009 would be easier....
:)
That was TOO funny!!
I was half-way done dialing James before I got to the April Fool's part.
I thought it was funny that your mom reminded you that you need to finish school. I thought that was a given.
But yes, a wedding would be very stressful right now. It wasn't very good timing when I announced I was getting married. My dad's job wasn't looking good, he was behind in his classes at school and we thought my brother was dying of cancer...Plus I was 19. No wonder they flipped.
Too funny.
Post a Comment